Rules & Requirements for Acupuncture Consultations
Due to the current situation there are inevitably some new procedures in place to keep you safe and I would like to take this opportunity to explain these to you.
Your Clinic Appointment
- If you, or someone you live with, develops symptoms of Covid-19 by the time of your appointment, please contact me before attending the clinic as we will need to rearrange your appointment
- Please ensure you are wearing a face mask at all times in the clinic – you will not be allowed to enter the clinic without one
- You will be asked to wash you hands upon arrival in the facilities next to the front door
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment to avoid having to wait in the waiting area. Please tell reception you are here to see me, then walk straight down to my room at the end of the corridor, maintaining a one meter distance from all other people in the clinic.
- I will then take you through to my treatment room and:
- take your temperature
- ask you to sign this consent to treat form. If you prefer to do this before you arrive to save time, please feel free to print it out and bring it in with you.
- I will then carry on with treatment as usual!
What you need to bring
- A face mask
- Please also bring a couple of small blankets/pashminas to keep you warm during your treatment. Sadly, I am currently not allowed to provide blankets. I am hopeful this will be a short term solution and I will return to thick, soft blankets as soon as I am allowed to!
In order to conform with current PPE regulations please be assured that
- I will consult from one treatment room only
- I will closely monitor my own temperature throughout the day
- I will wear a protective mask, visor, apron and gloves, which I will change for every patient
- All soft furnishings will be removed
- Stringent cleaning procedures have been put in place between patients – I have allowed 15 minutes between every patient to clean and air my treatment room
- Disinfectant wipes and antibacterial hand wash will be available
These protocols will be continually reviewed to maintain best practice and should there be any changes to the guidelines set out here I will let you know immediately. I am totally committed to providing a safe environment for you whilst providing the same quality of treatment – it may all sound complicated, but I think it will be fine! If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me. I can’t wait to see you!
Based in Fulham, London, Justine is an acupuncturist and women's health expert with 25 years' experience. She specialises in all aspects of women's health from adolescence to post-menopause.
The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Daily Express, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, The Culture Trip, Get the Gloss
FREE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
© 2019 Justine Hankin Acupuncture
Design by Wild Design