Fertility and Cervical Mucus
Around the time of ovulation, estrogen levels surge and naturally promote the creation of more cervical mucus, but there are still additional ways to support it.
The idea of drinking grapefruit juice, to help promote cervical fluid, is from the thought that grapefruit juice contains chemicals called furanocoumarins – which could lead to elevated levels of estrogen.
There are actually 6 foods to improve your cervical mucus:
- Foods rich in Omega-3s – fatty fish and high fat plant foods like Flax and Chia seeds. Long chain omega-3 fatty acids have been found to improve female fertility, by increasing good quality cervical mucus and promoting ovulation.
- Foods rich in Vegetarian Protein – legumes, nuts, seeds & wholegrain
- Dark green Vegetables and Leafy Greens for sources of calcium, iron, B vitamins and folate
- Foods rich in B Vitamins – citrus fruits, salmon, eggs and milk
- Foods rich in Vitamin D – Salmon, herring, canned tuna, egg yolks
I would also recommend Conceive Plus or Pre-Seed cervical lubricants.