If you are preparing your body for a Covid vaccination, or any vaccination, it is important you have a healthy, balanced immune system. Therefore, I thought you might find the following information from Chinese herbalist, Dom Joire helpful:
Do not have a vaccination on a day you are feeling unwell or rundown.
Based on growing evidence, you can optimise your immune system with natural herbal products. For 3 weeks before and after your vaccination take the following:
· Reishi mushroom: 1200mg twice a day
· Vitamin C : up to 1000mg a day (preferably from bioavailable sources)
· Vitamin D: 10 micrograms a day (preferably from bioavailable sources)
· A diet rich in multi coloured vegetables and good pre-biotics, as a healthy gut health leads to a healthy immune system (e.g. turmeric, garlic, berries, apples, asparagus, green vegetables etc)
On the day of your vaccination:
· drink plenty of diaphoretic herbal teas like peppermint, elderflower and camomile (ideally all together)
· make time to rest after the vaccine – go to bed early for a few days and have siestas if you can
I received my vaccination two weeks ago, and whilst I felt fine, I was happy to have had a couple of days afterwards to take it easy and have some early nights. If possible, I would highly recommend you do the same.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MY LATEST NEWS
How to Support your Natural Immunity Many of you will have already heard me talk about your Ready Brek Glow. However, for those of you who do not yet know about it, let me explain. You may or may not remember the advert for Ready Brek, it showed a young boy eating his...
Can sleep impact Women’s Health? Most definitely! In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) the amount and quality of sleep you get can impact every area of your health, including: your menstrual cycle, fertility, pregnancy, post natal depression, breast feeding,...