Castor Oil Pack Information and Treatment Instruction Sheet *
The benefits of using castor oil packs
Used over the abdomen / reproductive organs they can help:
- Improve the lymph and blood circulation to the reproductive organs
- Help shrink and eliminate ovarian cysts/uterine fibroids and endometrial adhesions and help clear fallopian tubes
- Help to soften / ease uterine adhesions and scarring
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- Support healthy bowel movements
How to use your castor oil pack
You will need – cling film, hot water bottle (should not feel too hot when placed on abdomen), muslin or gauze, castor oil. This can be done while you are watching TV or lying in bed.
- Place a section of cling film on work surface/ nearby table top – sized to fit over you lower abdomen.
- Place muslin or gauze cloth on top of cling film and then put some castor oil on- just enough to adequately soak the muslin cloth.
- Lift clingfilm and cloth and place muslin side UP – onto the hot water bottle and leave for a few minutes to warm up.
- Lift the clingfilm and cloth and place muslin side DOWN onto your abdomen.
- Place hot water bottle over this pack and cover it with a towel – leave for approximately 30-45 mins.
- To remove, take away towel, hot water bottle and place castor oil pack- muslin side UP onto work surface. Place and store muslin cloth into a zip lock plastic bag in fridge. The muslin cloth can be reused for a few treatments and then can be hand washed in very hot water with washing powder.
- If trying to conceive, castor oil packs can be done every 2-4 days on the abdomen from around cycle day 5 to ovulation.
- If you have fibroids or endometriosis or ovarian cysts, then every day or every other day is recommended.
- If not trying to conceive – you can use packs all through your cycle every 2- 4 days, but stop while you are bleeding.
- Do not use once pregnancy confirmed or if you have an IUD (intrauterine device in situ).
Which oil should I use?
Preferably organic, and cold-pressed: Pukka Herbs Organic Cold Pressed Castor Oil
*This text is kindly shared by Fiona Wolfenden of Albany Street Clinic